Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Node Zero Gallery & Streaming

Things are going well in virtual-land. Above is a picture of me in my very 'art gallery'-esque homebase. I've uploaded some of my concrete poetry and put it on display, have built a few interactive objects, and (my favorite) I've been streaming live musical performances into Second Life for any visitors of my land to listen to. The moral of this story is that I am completely and entirely sucked in to SL. I just had to sink my teeth in and find the stuff that was beneath all the advertising and cybersex.

On the professional/school side of things, I've been making a lot of progress as well. I am officially curating what is to be called "Node Zero Gallery", which is a series of galleries nodes spread throughout the Second Life landscape and is dedicated to the exhibition of art which could only exist within the metaverse. The actual spaces are undergoing a rebuild now and we are shooting to have the main gallery space completely built by the 12th of November. (I was up late last night discussing the aesthetics of the gallery with a few people from different corners of the globe). On top of that, I've been doing quite a bit of networking to line up potential artists who may want to exhibit in the spaces. All of whom have been helping me to develop my skills and learn building/scripting so that I can build my own pieces (some of which are already underway).

So in conclusion, my thesis has become a hybrid of curation, virtual art creation and documented discussion.

No comments: